Jewelry Care & Cleaning
- Remove jewelry before using cleaning chemicals, bathing, or exercising
- Items such as lotions, fragrances, etc., contain chemicals that could harm your jewelry.
- Pearls should never be exposed to perfumes, lotions, or sunscreens, etc.
- Be sure to put your jewelry on last.
- Store jewelry in a jewelry box or pouch away from other materials that may scratch or break gemstones; this includes other gemstones!
- Do not sleep in your jewelry
- It's best to clean most jewelry with warm water and a mild dish soap.
- Designate a soft toothbrush to use for cleaning in difficult-to-reach areas.
- Most jewelry should not be placed in an ultrasonic cleaner or in any jewelry cleaner containing chemicals. The only jewelry that is generally safe in strong jewelry cleaners are strictly sapphire or diamond pieces.