Gemstone Care & Cleaning
- Take care to protect the gemstone when setting.
- Avoid contact with abrasive materials, including polishes. We have taken great care to bring out the brightest shine possible; using another abrasive may dull your gemstone's finished polish.
- Avoid acids that could harm your gemstone, such as pickle.
- Pearls should never be exposed to abrasives or chemicals.
- Store gemstones in the pouch provided, or in a soft lined container away from other materials that may scratch or break gemstones; this includes other gemstones!
- It's best to clean most gemstones with warm water and a mild dish soap.
- Designate a soft toothbrush to use for cleaning.
- Most gemstones should not be placed in an ultrasonic cleaner or in any jewelry cleaner containing chemicals. The only gemstones that are generally safe in strong jewelry cleaners are strictly sapphires or diamonds.